Monday, May 31, 2021

The Summer Of Summer Spectaculars schedule/ Just Add Water: My Mako Adventure update

(Opening starts off with a Black background)

James Faraci (Audio only):
So yeah, it has been a while since I went here, hasn't it? ( The words "Four years" appear as a ding dong noise is heard.) I know, I know, Let's just do it, already!

(Cut to shots of three teenage girls from "H2O: Just Add Water" as they dive into the water as the scene changes to the Moon Pool on Mako Island as the three teenage girls come up as mermaids before cutting to three teenage mermaids and Zac Blakely falling into the Moon Pool from "Mako Mermaids" before cutting to Zac Blakely of "Mako Mermaids" in his merman form before cutting to an image of an island and a pod of mermaids outside of Mako Island as it cuts to a scene of James in a lounge chair and the words "Just Add Water: My Mako Adventure" above James all the while The Opening themes to both "H2O: Just Add Water" & "Mako Mermaids" intercut together before cutting to clips of both "H2O: Just Add Water", "Mako Mermaids",  Season 1 of "The Bureau Of Magical Things", and the Season 2 trailer of "The Bureau Of Magical Things" intercut together as James does a voiceover) 

James Faraci (V.O.):
Okay, I know it has been a few years and I did make a promise to eventually do a follow-up. However that was when I thought there was going to be a movie, however, a couple of months ago, I had heard that there would be another season would happen. As such if it does happen and when it does come to pass. I will sit through and if it does what I hope it will. Then I can end this with Evie's Screwjob rectified and things ending on the right note. Also before I forget, there was a reunion of sorts. You can find the reunion by clicking here. Several of the cast members were involved.  In addition, I got a surprising bit of information on Instagram. The actress Gemma Forsyth who played Evie in "Mako Mermaids" was waiting on a scheduled appointment to take care of her hair and had an Impromptu Q & A with her fans and I asked if or when there'd be more with "Mako Mermaids" and if so would Evie's Screwjob be rectified. Her response was that she wasn't sure and had not heard anything about anything new with "Mako Mermaids". But as for what happened to Evie in the last season of "Mako Mermaids" apparently Jonathan M. Schiff approved what happened to Evie in that final season which means he's as guilty as the writers who hated both Evie and Gemma Forsyth. This means that if this new season does happen, The rectification of Evie's Screwjob MUST happen. 

Also before I forget, I have checked out the first season of "The Bureau Of Magical Things" and while it did vaguely reference Mako Island in one episode and there was a photo of a human with a mermaid. While the first season was good and had some amazing episodes and I recommend it, I have to say it is a distant cousin series. Meaning they might reference another Schiff series like "H2O: Just Add Water" or "Mako Mermaids" or some far-off series like "The Elephant Princess" (Which was also a Series produced by Schiff.) it is not directly connected. Apparently, there has been a second season that just finished production which had to be shut down due to COVID and when it picked up everyone from the series was on board. Also, there are more hints about a connection between the Schiff-verse of Mermaids and this series. For example, some time in the series is actually set in the same area in China Weilan was from. Also, the actress who played Nerissa, Tasneem Roc, is going to be guest-starring in a few episodes. As well as one of the main characters being accidentally and temporarily becoming a mermaid which may mean they may be working towards the rectification of Evie's Screwjob.

Now I know what some of you are asking yourselves "If you know what's going on, Why haven't you updated things sooner?". The reason is simple, I did it, three years ago as a two-part sequel I did in my fifth anniversary year of doing "The Last Of The Americans" I talked about it in a mini editorial on the project what I wanted to see in any future projects involving the Schiff-verse of Mermaids, which you can find here. I also did what I called a shared top ten. For every episode of one series a secondary series that was so connected to another series that both had to share the list. The first time was my "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"/"Angel" top 13. But for both "H2O" & "Mako", it was your average top ten except for the fact that I cast "Mako Mermaids" star Chai Romruen or otherwise known as Chai Hansen on some series on the CW which I never saw and the final season of the series "Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments" which is NOT even remotely connected to the god awful movie starring Lily Collins which when released died on impact. But I digress. The mini editorial and the Top Ten, which you can find here, was meant to cap my involvement in the Schiff-verse of Mermaids until there was news to report on or another series that would connect to the other two series.

And now to answer the biggest question, Why am I talking about this now? Unlike a certain useless Tiki-headed mentor to the Power Rangers I will say that "There is a simple explanation for that." and unlike that worthless Tiki Head, I will explain. Last year was pretty much one of the worst for all of us, myself included. The same day that I had posted "The Different Cuts of Peter Jackson's Lord Of The Rings" was also the day the site I congregate on was shut down and it was also the day my dad died. Meaning the site where I had used for the shared home of "Just Add Water: My Mako Adventure" and my other summer specials I had done years ago was gone, momentarily. A few weeks later, Manic-Expression.com was restarted and I once again had to post my backlog, along with doing my monthly workload and that meant big gaps in what I could or would be able to post. This is why this update is sharing time with what I call "The Summer of Summer Spectaculars" and how I will be scheduling it.

Starting June 21st I will be starting off with my first big Summer Spectacular that I posted on the original Manic Expression. "The Big 3" during that week I will be posting the three reviews that I did originally on myspace (I'm ancient! I get it!) and the epilogue. Then after the fourth of July, I will post my first big Summer Spectacular that did which remains to this day the highest read special I did one of the three that I now have to disown professionally due to the fact that certain people involved in a site that has become a toxic waste site turned out to be assholes and sadly the sequels to said Summer Spectacular which also I have professionally disowned.  And throughout August time permitting, if I am not in the middle of other projects, one of them being, I hope, making my movie, I will be putting "Just Add Water: My Mako Adventure" back on Manic-Expression.com. 

Thanks for checking this out and whatever happens next in the Schiff-verse of Mermaids I will be there to update things further and have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment