Saturday, February 25, 2023

What we miss, now that the world is over

(Camera turns on and James grabs the title card and hums “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It & I Feel Fine” for five seconds as James shows his handmade title card of a Nuclear explosion and the words “The End Of The World” and James puts it on the desk.) 


TLOTA: 
I’m The Last Of The Americans and the views I’m about to express, whatever. So guess what, even though there’s nothing really to talk about. I decided to list the five things we have missed since the world ended, and I had help from everyone in the bunker for this list. So, let’s get to it, the Top Five things we have missed since the end of the world.


(James puts on a CD in the background with “This is The End” by The Doors in the background, and James chuckles and says himself as he draws the title card and number cards Showing the “Top Five things everyone misses since the end of the world” and then a numbered card.)


TLOTA: Number five! Entertainment. I know this is a surprise, but I’m sure everyone was looking forward to listening to new music and watching movies, especially the new MCU movies! I mean, why not entertainment! Good, bad, indifferent, who cared? If we got something new, we could enjoy something to forget our problems, even briefly. (James pulls out a numbered card)


TLOTA: Number four! Religious differences, if you believed in God or had a religion that you believed in something good, then trust that things would be one of the few things that may keep you something to pull you through this nuclear nightmare. (James pulls out a numbered card)


TLOTA: Number three! Looking at the world at the right time. This one is personal to me because I loved to go out at night, get some fresh air, look into the night sky, and look for just a bare glimmer of hope. (James pulls out a numbered card)


TLOTA:

Number two! Cleanliness, being able to clean clothes, wash your food, clean yourself; basically, you will just smell like shit. (James pulls out a numbered card)


TLOTA: And at the Number one spot, it is everything! What else can I say? We miss the fresh air, fresh food, seeing the world outside of a radiation suit, tasting fresh water, having a stable power source, the high-speed internet and Wi-Fi, cellular communication, love, hope, and anything and everything we took for granted. All because we didn’t dare to stand up to...  (Power Flickers again) Fuck! The power is unstable again! I will fix this mess if it takes me everything I have left! See everyone soon. I’m James, Last Of The Americans, signing off! (Camera shuts off) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment