Monday, May 16, 2016

The Family Friendly Movie Revival!

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then cutting to The Last Of The Americans)

TLOTA: I'm James Faraci The Last Of The Americans and the views that I'm about to express are that of my own and some of yours. A while back I took my nieces to see "The Peanuts Movie" and while my nieces thought it was okay. For me I thought this was one of the best movies of 2015! (Cut to clips of "The Peanuts Movie" and Posters from the movies he mentions as James does a voiceover)

TLOTA: I mean it, for the first time in Blue Sky's History they were able to make a quality movie and it is as far as I'm concerned it was one of the best of 2015 easily, It is up there with "The Force Awakens", "Avengers: Age Of Ultron", "Furious 7", "Ant-Man", "Jurassic World", "Mad Max: Fury Road", "The Martian", "Creed" & "The Revenant".(Cut to James Physically)

TLOTA: And as I was checking out the best movies of 2015 I found a couple of other great movies that  were Family friendly and I was checking out that there are more family friendly films that are coming that I feel will be great and after all of that I asked myself "Are We on the verge of the Revival of The successful Family Friendly movie?" Well Sort of... (Cut to clips of some Family Friendly movies as James does a voiceovers.)

TLOTA (Voiceover): For the most part people have kind of clustered Animated movies and Family Friendly movies into the same genre which is not the case! I've actually seen some Adult Animated movies which I do not recommend for kids and heck there are animated films that are MEANT to be kid friendly and I don't recommend and what's even worse is that there are people who look at Family Friendly movies as quick cash grabs and those movies like The "Alvin & The Chipmunks" movies and certain others are exactly that Cash Grabs! The type of movies that are just there to grab money from your wallet just to be 90 minutes of low brow humor and advertisements for products. Those are the ones are meant to be fodder for internet reviewers like myself, The Nostalgia Critic, Film Brain and so many others that take 90 minutes out of our lives that we'll never get back. Do we get good review material from them? Absolutely. But it shouldn't have to cost us so much of our sanity and our money. Besides it's obvious that bad Family Friendly films have been around since Time Immortal but not every family film is bad nor is every family film that IS a cash grab a bad movie. "Minions" which is a spin-off of the "Despicable Me" movies is an obvious cash grab but surprisingly there's something most cash grabs don't have, A good story & good character development. We see how The Minions became who they were and how things progressed to work for Gru and the fact it is set in the 1960's could give kids a chance to learn about what life was like when their grandparents were their age! But for every "Minions" there are about a dozen or so bad cash grabs like the "Alvin & The Chipmunks" movie franchise and just as many family film franchises that started out good but eventually turned into something old and formulaic such as the "Ice Age" movie franchise, seriously Blue Sky you need to put that franchise behind the shed and put it out of it's misery! But as far as a full on out revival well... we see how far it will go. Remember Movie trends comes in waves. Whether or not the Family Friendly Revival will last or not is up to the audience. If you want to make it all about cash grabs then it won't last long. If you want quality, then it may last as long as the recent Comic Book Movie boom and who knows it may last longer than that but ONLY if we demand quality over quantity. (Cut to James physically)

TLOTA: Next month is my third anniversary and well...it's gonna be a whopper! I'm James Faraci The Last Of The Americans and That's My Opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment