Friday, December 26, 2014

Top ten moments everyone liked in 2014 about "The Last Of The Americans"

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the word editorial on it then cutting to The Last Of The Americans)

TLOTA: I'm James Faraci The Last Of The Americans and the views that I'm about to express are that of my own and some of yours (Sighs) 2014 can BURN IN HELL! But I had some great moments and in order to be objective. (Pulls out Megaforce Morpher and pulls out the card of "The Last Of The Americans" made by Stevie Swigart and reverts to being James Faraci)

James Faraci: I have decided to step out of character. Take five moments I liked and five moments YOU liked from "The Last Of The Americans" and compile the top ten moments everyone liked in 2014 about "The Last Of The Americans"

(A Hand pulling a card designed by Stevie Swigart with the statistics of James Faraci The Last Of The Americans while putting it into the Megaforce Morpher from the 0:00-0:03 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run. 0:04 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators shows James Faraci morphing into James Faraci The Last Of The Americans with his Black Tee-Shirt with the American flag on it, Blue Jeans and Tan Work boots until 0:07 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run as scene cuts to James stocking up on his arsenal from the Classic Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Morpher, a bandoleer stocked up with Sonic Screwdrivers, Ammunition for a 303 British Rifle and said rifle, The Ring Of Aeon, The Gem From the Gauntlet Malachite’s Hand, Emmalina’s amulet and the Sword Of Caliverti from 0:08-0:15 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators. 0:15-0:29 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run shows James taking on all of popular culture until 0:30 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators shows when James pulls out a sonic screwdriver then cuts over to a slab of titanium where lasers cut out “The Last Of The Americans” until 0:36 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run when James lands on top of the slab while doing a heroic pose on a black background the 0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then above the words "The Top ten moments" and underneath "The Last Of The Americans" is "Of 2014" then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number ten

10) The Crossover with myself in the "Spider-Man 3" review

James Faraci (Voice over): While it may have been seen as Meta to do a crossover with yourself. I found it exciting to see if both halves of me could agree on the same subject and I found a lot of the interactions between both halves interesting especially when it came to the casting of Topher Grace as Eddie Brock and the dance scene in Spider-Man 3 and this was a big moment in my storyline because I knew I needed a strong ending. An ending that needed to evolve and give "The Last Of The Americans" a look that even though you couldn't see him I wanted to give him a style that can be simple but be recreated by anyone. A Black Tee Shirt with the American Flag on it, A Pair of Blue Jeans and a pair of Tan Construction Boots. A nice moment if I do say so myself.

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number nine

9) The Squeakquel Study

James Faraci (Voice over): I had a conversation with Chris Lee Moore: The Rowdy Reviewer about which review I was going to do next and I said that one idea I had was "Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" and Chris said "There is no way I can top what Mathew "Film Brain" Buck & Todd In The Shadows did." That I did agree but what made this review was instead of making the subject funny. I wanted to make the supposed Behind The Scenes chaos of what might have went on to make the squeakquel with the writing and I loved the fact that Fard Muhammad was willing to let me use the character of LeBron from "Dragonbored" as the boss of the four writers. I'm sure he liked it plus I was able to cross intersect three storylines. Two with the "Rowdy Lost" & "Dark Rowdy" storylines from my friend, compatriot & Blood brother Chris Lee Moore: The Rowdy Reviewer & my storyline involving "The Wicked"

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number eight

8) The "In Defense Of..." Editorials

James Faraci (Voice over): I got sick & tired of people ragging on things that I liked or somewhere someone else liked or thought might be a good idea. For example I knew going into the "In Defense of...The Eighth Doctor" I was going to get Whovian hate and slams for saying what I said about The Eighth Doctor but when I said what I said I decided to try to be as objective as I could in my defense of "The Eighth Doctor" I knew that River Song said "Rule One: The Doctor Lies" but I liked giving that in pop culture what had been maligned a second chance.

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number Seven

7) The "Happy Madison" Poop joke from the "Anger Management" review

James Faraci (Voice over): While I give the Nostalgia Critic props for making a good way to deal with the idiot fringe that is the "Happy Madison" audience, I felt he pulled the trigger a little too early. When I decided to review "Anger Management" I knew I had to time it better, set it up for a coup de grace that had some depth and personal stake in it. So I included my sister's fiancée Adam as a part of that idiot fringe to actually rescue. (Cut to James physically)

James Faraci: And as of this post he's been employed for nearly a month. Way to go dude! Plus I loved this line I gave Rowdy when the crowd came. (Cut to clip of Rowdy shouting "STAMPEDE! Oy!" and James doing a voice over the rest of the moment.)

James Faraci (Voice over): That came from one of the best lines Daniel Stern had in "City Slickers 2: The Legend Of Curly's Gold" and of course the payoff was amazing. (Show clip of TLOTA & Rowdy finishing off the "Happy Madison" audience.) Best poop joke I made.


(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number six

6) The Halloween tips sketch

James Faraci: What was fun about the sketch was who I was able to get. Starting with Asalieri. Last year around October I had an in character reaction to his thoughts on my friend, compatriot & blood brother The Rowdy Reviewer. My reaction was to reprogram his television to show nothing but nonstop reruns of "The Room" & Allen Gregory and had his portable music player reprogramed to play music that'd make the devil himself go bonkers for banana balls and I felt the only way to make things square between me and him was for him to attack me and then come to a mutual truce. Then there was Moarte, I knew I had to put him in because he became a part of my Halloween ritual of Internet Halloween binges and so having him was a no brainer. But the funniest one was former WWE superstar "The Boogeyman" and just check it out. (Show clip of "The Boogeyman" creeping "The Last Of The Americans" out of his mind.) Comedic gold.


(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number five

5) The introduction of Paulo & Rebecca Fonseca in the "Top 13 Vampire films better than "The Twilight Saga" countdown"

James Faraci (Voice over): Consider these two as the Rachel/Tamara & Malcolm to my Nostalgia Critic. I wanted to put more characters in my character's universe and not rely on actors from "GLEE" as characters  in my character's universe so putting in my old friends just seemed like a good idea. One aspect I wanted to play with at least one of the two not knowing anything about the reviewerverse and Rebecca just felt like a good choice and the fact that they fit in with my character like a glove was another good choice.

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number Four


4) The "Spider-Man 2" Nuclear Explosion

James Faraci (Voice over): If anyone has seen The Nostalgia Critic's review of "Quest for Camelot" in which the Critic got so mad at the lack of explanation that he went Nuclear got this reference but this was also my reaction when I saw "Spider-Man 2" in the theaters, on DVD and when doing this for a review I knew what reaction I wanted to have. Something so powerful that it had to shake the foundations to it's core plus I used a clip even the Nostalgia Critic didn't think of. Back To The Future Part III when the green log blows while Doc & Marty are just jerked a little Clara does the Daffy Duck Woo-hoo and is nearly sent flying. Just a perfect reaction for a terrible ending to one of the worst Comic Book movies I've ever seen.

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number three

3) The "Fishtales" review.


This movie just broke me the first time I saw it. Yet like "The Room" or "Foodfight" there was something that was yelling this movie had to be SEEN to be BELIEVED! Plus I wanted someone from the Mermaid community to get the message about this movie because there was a mermaid as the romantic interest. THANK Goodness for Trina Christine Mason and thank goodness she was willing to slap me like Shemp from "The Three Stooges in: Brideless Groom" after Miss Tompkins discovers Shemp is NOT her cousin Basil because it was HILARIOUS! And face it, the movie was Satanically Wrong but worthy enough to be one of my best reviews EVER!

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): Number two

2) The "Power Rangers" casting couch

James Faraci (Voice over): This was just a fun thing to do, but it was a one time deal! How does "The Blockbuster Buster" does this type of thing all the time? I don't know, but he is able to choose great talent for those he want to see the characters he likes and trust me when I say this choosing the talent was impossible but I felt I had got who I wanted to do true justice to the characters that I feel should be near the top echelon of Superheroes like those at DC & Marvel Comics. So this had to be near the top of my list.

(A Hand pulling a card designed by Stevie Swigart with the statistics of James Faraci The Last Of The Americans while putting it into the Megaforce Morpher from the 0:00-0:03 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run. 0:04 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators shows James Faraci morphing into James Faraci The Last Of The Americans with his Black Tee-Shirt with the American flag on it, Blue Jeans and Tan Work boots until 0:07 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run as scene cuts to James stocking up on his arsenal from the Classic Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers Morpher, a bandoleer stocked up with Sonic Screwdrivers, Ammunition for a 303 British Rifle and said rifle, The Ring Of Aeon, The Gem From the Gauntlet Malachite’s Hand, Emmalina’s amulet and the Sword Of Caliverti from 0:08-0:15 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators. 0:15-0:29 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run shows James taking on all of popular culture until 0:30 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators shows when James pulls out a sonic screwdriver then cuts over to a slab of titanium where lasers cut out “The Last Of The Americans” until 0:36 mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run when James lands on top of the slab while doing a heroic pose on a black background the 0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the number and James doing a voiceover the clip.)

James Faraci (Voice over): And THE Number one moment everyone liked in 2014 about The Last of The Americans is...

1) The ending of my One Year Anniversary review.


James Faraci (Voice over): Knowing how bad "Dumb & Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd" I needed something smarter and epic to counterbalance it. Thank god for the storyline and "The Name Of The Doctor" because as one of my readers pointed out that I did a nice take on it. Plus I needed a good tie in to my second anniversary for the newly rechristened "ChannelAwesome.com" what better way to set up the anniversary special than with something so epic in the ending that it would reveal a new character and what might have happened (Show clip of James and Lea Michele romantically embracing and the moment in which James sees in the reflection of his glasses a shadowy figure with all the dialogue and actions from the "One year anniversary review" ending.) Everyone who read my review were left to wonder what was going to happen and while yes I did disappoint in certain regards with the Anniversary special . I'll admit I had no idea what to do.  But this lead up was what made it the top of my list. (Show clip of the two continue to look as Lea begins to faint.)

James Faraci: Lea! LEA! LEA! (James groans as he catches Lea Michele.) He is someone I wish never to remember again!

The Figure: What I did, I did without choice.

James Faraci: I know.

The Figure: In the name of what was right and what was Just.

James Faraci: But not in the name of Hero! (James carries Lea Michele back through the tunnel as the figure turns around to reveal Bruce Campbell’s face and title cues reading “Introducing Bruce Campbell as Hero” then cutting to James Faraci physically in his office)
James Faraci: So that's the list of the ten moments everyone liked in 2014 about "The Last Of The Americans" and I think I might show somethings that I know might get people checking me out. ORAC! Ready some of the clips for next year.
(Audio of the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play in the background as James does a voice over)
James Faraci (Voice over): In 2015 Expect great reviews on movies that you remember, An awesome crossover with my blood brother, my compatriot and one person who gave me a break "The Rowdy Reviewer" on a block of great and not so great kids shows everyone remembers, I'll be reviewing one Ben Affleck movie starting January all the way through March and I swear to god my final Channel Awesome anniversary special also my second year anniversary, two interconnected top ten lists, the review I've dreaded doing "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part 2" all this and more in 2015 with "The Last Of The Americans" (Cut to James physically in his office)
James Faraci: Now if you'll excuse me. (Pulls out Megaforce Morpher and pulls out the card of "The Last Of The Americans" a card designed by Stevie Swigart with the statistics of James Faraci The Last Of The Americans and puts it into the Megaforce Morpher morphing him to James Faraci The Last Of The Americans)
TLOTA: I've got work to do. I'm James Faraci The Last Of The Americans and I'll see everyone in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment