Sunday, February 9, 2014

Should the Romantic Comedy genre die?

(Commercial Sting with of the American Gladiators first run's final season's ten seconds theme with James Standing next to Army Text saying The Last Of The Americans. Then a rubber stamp stamps over the entire thing the word Editorial)

ORAC: Disclaimer: The Following was pre-written prior to the current events involving James Faraci The Last Of The Americans.

TLOTA: I'm James Faraci, The Last Of The Americans and the views I'm about to express are that of my own and some of yours. By the time this gets posted it'll be February and as such I'll have to deal with the WORST holiday on the planet "Valentine's Day" & as a guy I can say there are no words in the English language or any real or fictional language to express the disdain towards this Holiday I have! What's worst is that they dump every bad Romantic Comedy movie they can in the first fourteen days of February and the male population suffer for it. But believe it or not, there was a time when believe it or not men & women enjoyed the romantic comedy I think it's because men could get a laugh at how dumb the romantic aspect was in the film and the women could enjoy looking at those guys they wish they could have instead of being stuck with guys like myself or my friends at Rowdyc.com. But with all that said the question I ask is "Should the Romantic Comedy Genre die?" . For me, I'm not sure because quite honestly, I think it needs a reboot. Maybe the genre needs more movies like "Clerks" or "Chasing Amy" movies that have REAL average looking guys get the girls. As a matter of fact Carlos Mencia has said in his stand up that the average looking guy that befriends the good looking girl does have feelings she should have some consideration for HIS feelings maybe try to see if that fella who is the friend have romantic feelings towards her and see if he wants a shot at her and if it works allow the natural growth of those romantic feelings make it feel realistic. But the more I think of this, the more I think maybe there should be more Romantic Comedies from the man's point of view, not the woman's. We've seen that done to death. As a matter of fact the biggest criticism I have towards the movie "Valentine's Day" it's written from a female's perspective about a male's perspective on Valentine's day and particularly from someone who's perspective on the Genre hasn't changed in fifty years. When in reality, most men would rather be neutered by Lorena Bobbit than watch the sappy and stupid Romantic Comedy. That's also what needs to be injected into the Genre, Real World Common Logical Sense. If a guy falls for a girl and doesn't have the cojones fight for her or express his true feelings for her, then he deserves his lifetime in purgatory crying "Why does nothing good come my way?" and the female SHOULD give the guy who has been busting his ass, walking barefoot through all nine levels of Dante's Inferno just to get to her give the guy a break. With that said, will we see this in the genre? Probably not but until then consider the Romantic comedy barely alive on life support. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to deal with my problems the only way I know how, get plastered on Martinelli's non alcoholic Apple Cider at a party and wake up hoping not having to deal with Valentine's day. I'm James Faraci The Last Of The Americans & That's My Opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment