Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Should we blame movies for the problems we have?

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it )

TLOTA: I'm James Faraci, The Last Of The Americans and the views I'm about to express are that of my own & some of yours. I was watching some news recently where Disney's animated movie "Frozen" got criticized for showing men being nice to women (Dramatic music sting) HEAVENS FOREFEND! (Cut to clips of Frozen while James does a voice over)

TLOTA (Voice over): Yeah, I do not hate this movie. My nieces love this movie and I do not blame this movie for the men having to apologize for being men. I blame society for making things so hard for guys being guys they need a lawyer to even to say Hello to a woman! But that's not to say I think women are to blame for all of the ills of society. (Cut to James physically.)

TLOTA: We as a species need entertainment. But far too often we blame entertainment for when someone goes nuts. But should we blame everything wrong in our lives on the stuff we watch? NO! (Cut to clips of movies and TV Shows while James does a voice over.)

TLOTA (Voice over): The media wants to slam the movies or Television shows we watch or the music we listen to. They never talk about the person if they were mentally ill or felt out of place. This is where I give the series "GLEE" some praise, The concept of the series about outcasts and gave them somewhere they can fit into and something to believe in: HOPE! Just because I don't like so much in entertainment doesn't mean I want to make people pay for it with their lives nor for the most part do I wish anything bad happen to them.  I don't blame my problems on something meant to entertain me and neither should you and now I feel I HAVE to use this quote Randal from "Clerks"

Randal: You want to blame somebody blame yourself! (Continue with Clips of movies and TV Shows while James does a voice over.)

TLOTA (Voice over): I never blame my problems with society on the shows or movies I watch or the music I listen to. I put the blame where it belongs on me. Something we all should do when things go wrong but to blame what we enjoy is something I can never do nor should any one! I can not stress this, I do not blame a movie my nieces love for men not acting manly, I do not blame entertainment in general for problems in the real world and if you're one of those who do blame entertainment for the problems for your life then maybe you need a reality check by kicking back and enjoying a movie, a TV Show or reading a book or listening to a song you enjoy. (Cut to James physically)

TLOTA: And for those who STILL have complains about "Frozen", Well, listen to what she has to say. (Show Lea Michele's version of "Let It Go" from Frozen before cutting back to James)

TLOTA: I had to, she was amazing. I'm James Faraci The Last Of The Americans & That's my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment