(The scene begins with a black screen as James does a voiceover)
James Faraci (V.O.):
Ah, 2026, the year Star Trek turned 60, and from what I have heard, had its surviving original series cast members, the cast of TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise go to Paramount to read them the riot act about current Star Trek and how it has gone down the toilet. The American people SHOULD be celebrating 250 years of freedom as a united country, and oh yeah!
(Cut to the pic of Caribe Heine, Claire Holt, and Phoebe Tonkin as Claire Holt's quote from a conversation where Claire says that according to Jonathan Schiff "There's no audience for a reboot or reunion of H20: Just Add Water and Mako Mermaids" as James continues his voiceover)
James Faraci (V.O.):
WHAT IN THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF HELL IS JONATHAN M. SHIFF SMOKING?!
(Cut to shots of three teenage girls from "H2O: Just Add Water" as they dive into the water as the scene changes to the Moon Pool on Mako Island as the three teenage girls come up as mermaids before cutting to three teenage mermaids and Zac Blakely falling into the Moon Pool from "Mako Mermaids" before cutting to Zac Blakely of "Mako Mermaids" in his merman form before cutting to an image of an island and a pod of mermaids outside of Mako Island as it cuts to a scene of James in a lounge chair and the words "Just Add Water: My Mako Adventure" above James all the while The Opening themes to both "H2O: Just Add Water" & "Mako Mermaids" intercut together before cutting to clips of both "H2O: Just Add Water", "Mako Mermaids" intercut together as James sputters for a moment does a voiceover)
James Faraci (V.O.):
Before I get a ton of comments on this, let me say the following: YES! I KNOW IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE I LAST POSTED ANYTHING ON THIS SUBJECT! I KNOW IT HAS BEEN FIVE FRICKING YEARS! But that is because I had always hoped that Jonathan Shiff would have gotten something on the books for a reunion or reboot by the time I finished my retrospective back in 2017, or at least had something a few years later! But NO! There has been nothing! More stories have appeared about the Power Rangers series that will either continue or reboot the franchise. And before I forget about my retrospective, I decided to try my hand at retelling it with more current thoughts and better clarity, covering both shows. And for those wondering, yes, it is on a DeviantArt page that I have. If you are interested in seeing the updates, click here. But the main reason is to tell Jonathan Shiff that he is not only an idiot but also lazy, incompetent, and, on top of that, a (Long series of Expletive Bleeps!) MORON! Recently, Claire Holt, who, alongside Phoebe Tonkin, went on to have great successes in shows centered in the universe of The Vampire Diaries and its other series, was asked about a possible "H2O: Just Add Water" reunion. She went to Jonathan Shiff about this possibility, and Jonathan Shiff said- and I am quoting Claire Holt on this- "There is no audience for a reboot or reunion." (Cut to the Doctor Who clip of the Cyberman asking, "Is this the human condition of madness, Supreme Leader?" and the Supreme Leader replying "It is!" Cut to clips of both "H2O: Just Add Water", "Mako Mermaids" intercut together as James does a voiceover)
James Faraci (V.O.):
I'm sorry, but WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OF COURSE THERE'S AN AUDIENCE! I ACTUALLY WATCHED THIS SERIES AND ITS SEQUEL SERIES WITH MY NIECES WHEN THEY WERE KIDS, AND I KNEW THAT THEY WOULD LIKE THE SHOW BECAUSE WHEN MY TWINS WERE LITTLE KIDS, I ACTUALLY SAT THERE AND WATCHED WITH THEM! I AM SO FRICKING INCENSED BY JONATHAN SHIFF'S IDIOCY! AND YES, I AM PERSONALLY PUTTING THIS SQUARELY ON THE SHOULDERS OF SHIFF! I'm sorry for being so hostile and angry, but when everyone has said "WE WANT THIS!" and the audience is denied, then congrats, Shiff, you make David F'ing Zaslav look like Albert Einstein! But don't despair; since Claire's statement was released, fans have been petitioning for this reunion or reboot. If you want to sign one petition that I have signed I will have the link here. I mean for the love of fricking peat moss, "Aquamarine" 20 years AFTER the movie became a teen cult classic, is getting a continuation series with Emma Roberts, guest-starring and executive producing, and Jake McDormand reprising their roles. So if Aquamarine can get a sequel series, An H2O/Mako Mermaids Reunion or Reboot is possible! SO PLEASE SIGN ANY AND EVERY PETITION! Thank you for letting me vent and lets get this Reboot/Reunion done!
No comments:
Post a Comment