Saturday, September 20, 2014

What makes a guilty pleasure?

(0:36-end mark from the theme from the final season of American Gladiators original run play the camera moves back to see James on top of the slab with the words “The Last Of The Americans” on it then the camera zooms to the backside of the slab with the word editorial on it)

I'm James Faraci, The Last Of The Americans and the views I'm about to express are that of my own & some of yours. Currently I am in the midst of moving into my new office space to work on sketches, reviews and editorials while I was getting stuff in one day an interdimentional portal opened up and a copy of Nicholas Cage's "The Wicker Man" came zooming out and I took one in the mid-section when it came my way as I took the time to sit and watch it. I liked it but not enough to review it nor did I hate it so much I wanted both Nicholas Cage and Neil LaBute burn in a pit of Lava. It for me is a guilty pleasure as much as watching Power Rangers or watching "Batman & Robin". But why do people feel guilty watching something that other people don't like? (Cut to footage of movies & TV Series that are considered guilty pleasures while James does a voice over)

TLOTA (V.O.): Is it because we should know better than to watch a Michael Bay film or one of the movies in "The Twilight Saga" or say watch a classic episode of either "Charlie's Angels" or "Boy Meets World" or "The Dukes Of Hazzard" or watching say "Girl Meets World"  or is it maybe the fact we shouldn't be watching them at all. Maybe that's the point of Guilty Pleasures, they exist because even though we shouldn't watch them, we do because deep inside of us somewhere we find something enjoyable and maybe that is what is at the core at a guilty pleasure and trust me when I say as someone who has more than his fair share of Guilty Pleasures I can tell you now there's a reason I like what I like. Does that mean I'll like something either a relative or a friend considers one of their guilty pleasures let's say it's a toss up. If I find myself quietly enjoying "The Frisco Kid" doesn't mean someone I'll invite someone I know will want watch it with me. But as long as I enjoy what I enjoy I don't consider what watch true "Guilty Pleasures" I just know I'm enjoying something good. (Cut to James physically)

TLOTA: Now if you'll excuse me, I've got more to move into the office space and (sound of DVD dropping out of nowhere and James walks to pick it up to see it's a DVD of "Willow") Wow, this is one movie that I Wholly consider an entertaining guilty pleasure, maybe I might do a review of it next year. I'm James Faraci The Last Of The Americans and That's my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment